On Tuesday and on Thursday of this last week Alejandro told us that we had to do a class analysis of whole course in his subject.
We disposed in groups. In my group were Pablo Magallares, Saadet Tas, Ainara Rodríguez e Isabel Pastor. During the first day, Tuesday, we talk about the classes, but we based on contents, in “what”, although Alejandro said that we also have to pay attention in the “How” and in the “Why”. In the second lesson, we tried to speak about how we feel doing those activities. So, our analysis is here:
- We have to draw our idea/opinion about development, what was development for us and how we see ourselves in the future as teachers. We did this exercise individually and we felt very surprised because in our first class of University we draw a couple of paints and we did not understand why. It was important? We thought that the teacher was going to give us theory and then, we would have to study it.
- After the class which we have to draw, we classified the drawings in several categories. We did it in two groups, and each group had to write the definition of development. We changed a lot of times the draws between the groups. We felt confused because we did not see the things that we should have to see, although we understood later.
- In other classes we were talking about models of life-spam developmental Psychology and the different types of development (lineal, circular, up and down, spiral, stairs…) and we discovered that the circular model is the actual concept. Alejandro up-loaded on the platform a very long text that we should have read (but nobody read the whole text, except three or four people). We disposed us in groups and we explained the text to the partners that did not read. But NOBODY understood the theory. Then, Alejandro explained us what the text means, but before that, we felt like the draw shows.
- Another day, we had to make a time-line with the most important events in our lifes. First of all, we did the objective line ourselves, but then we did the exercise in couples: with our eyes closed, we had to walk forward and backward remembering the most important experiences. We felt very ridiculous, because there are experiences in our life that we do not share with other people. At the end of the exercise we observed that when we walked forward and backward we have the same feelings and memories (or most of us).
- We also talked about the meaning of age (biological, functional, social and subjective). We did this activity individually and we felt that our age is not defined by our biological age. We could felt with different age in different situations.6. In the last classes we saw how development is: multidimensional, multidirectional, losses and wins… It was a theorical class and we understood better the concept of development.
Moreover, we have learned the concept of development and its meaning. We also have learned many forms to work (draws, in groups…) and we think that we could use it when we will work. In addition, the power-point presentations are ours, with our photos and we working, so that did that we feel very important.
At the end of the class, each group had to do a couple of questions about the subject and then we shared them with the rest of the class. We chosen twice because these questions will have answered by the other Magisterio’s group and we will answer theirs.