Saturday 23 November 2013

Our exam

In relation with my previous post which was about obligation, I want to say that many of us prefer obligation than freedom. If we have freedom, sometimes we don´t do some activities like throw rubbish or study.
How many of us have ever searched for information or read some texts about this subject this year? Most have not done it (I am in this group)
And why not? Because nobody has forced us simply.
The last Thursday (21.11.13) the teacher told us that we are going to have an exam on Tuesday.
What are we doing this weekend? We are reading (like crazy people) all the texts that Alejandro has given to us. I consider myself sometimes immature because I prefer that other people obligate me. I need to change my mind.
 
Moreover, I think that our teacher pretends to change our concept of exam. We are used to study X units and then write them down individually in a paper. If we can memorise it the day of the exam, we will pass the exam. It doesn´t matter if the following week we (the students) can remember the units. We already have a mark.
Students should be evaluated every moment. It is very important their/our development and the progress.
We are not use to work with this type of evaluation, because of that, it is hard to us sometimes.
But we will get it, I hope.

Laura Sanz.

5 comments:

  1. Hi again

    You will get it, don't be afraid about that. All of you are in the process of getting it, actually.

    By the way it is quite funny your meaning of next Tuesday's exam. And it will be a real one, I promise. It is being funny for me to prepare it. This will be the first time, compared with previous courses, that you will be able to practice the kind of exam you will have probably in January.

    Once again it is a matter of meaning.

    You remembered me some posts I wrote years ago in relation to this experiences. I will leave you the links here, if you want to review them. Different years, different courses, different people but generally the same processes.

    http://alejandroiborra.blogia.com/2010/072101--el-mejor-metodo-para-ensenar-a-un-nino-a-jugar-al-futbol-no-es-prohibir-sino-gu.php

    http://alejandroiborra.blogia.com/2008/121601-aprender-es-obligatorio-.php

    http://alejandroiborra.blogia.com/2008/031101-conectar-o-no-conectar-that-s-the-question-.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Alumno: Por cierto, con esto del blog, ¿qué tengo que escribir? ¿qué escribo?

    Alejandro: Escribe sobre lo que quieras, es tu blog. Escribes para ti, puede que haya una audiencia, pero escribes para ti, desde luego no escribas para mi.

    Alumno: Ah... es que no sé qué escribir. Estoy bloqueado con el blog.

    Alejandro: Bueno, eso está bien. ¿Por qué no escribes sobre tu bloqueo?

    Alumno: ...."

    This conversation has called my attention (I don´t know if it is correct)

    On the one hand, nowadays almost all students work for their teachers. Students show them their work and teachers give them a mark. But you propose us a different way of education. It is curious and interesting to me.

    On the other hand, I have not ever thought that a block could be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the same that Laura, "This different way of education is curious and interesting", but how must we use it? We are accustomed to swallow theory and return on a test. We never reflect this theory only we do exercises. For this reason it is very difficult for us to do a blog. We must change the chip and start thinking differently.
    Recently I read a article that sara (comunication´s teacher) gave us. In this article, we can read all competences that we learn when we use a blog. For example, organise ideas, reflect this ideas, creating communities of learning, development of responsibility, etc. I think that this skills are very good and importants. this skills help us to reflect on the theory and to have clear ideas.
    Pd: forgive my writing errors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just seen your answer.

    As the Kegan´s text says:
    Take the concep that you have explored during the subject and make connections between them around the topic you prefer. But don´t try to adapt to the way of thinking of the teacher. The student should consider the teacher´s appreciation but not to be determined.

    But... I am thinking... if I write this... Am I determined by them?

    ( ¡ESTA RAYADA PARECE NO TER FIN! ) : )

    Laura


    ReplyDelete