Wednesday 11 December 2013

Pyramid metaphor

Hi

A couple of years ago I read this interesting article whose content I remembered yesterday during our class (actually during the three classes I had that morning). Watching the themes that filled our blackboard and the web of lines connecting them made me think about Kurt Fisher and his metaphor about learning, not as a longitudinal stair but as a web of lines so typical in the pyramids of the playgrounds.




Watching Javi to learn and develop through his active discovery process was very similar to our own process during the class. The most important thing for me was not to get a conclusion or deduction, but instead knowing how we had arrived to that point. This necessarily involved the active creation of inferences and connections.

If you read the article you can also better understand the video about the "Learning Classroom".

Enjoy it....

Alejandro


No comments:

Post a Comment